My very first post is one of a hearty veggie masala treat, topped with lemon and hot chili. Something to tickle your taste buds 😉
It may be eaten on its own or with a nice whole wheat brown toast.
Easy cuisine, 20mins cooking time
- 2 cups of chopped broccoli
- 3 medium sized carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 small diced eggplant
- 1 finely chopped cabbage leaf
- 2 medium sized garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 finely diced jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1 can diced tomato (400g)
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of tumeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of (pilau) masala powder
- 2 maggi cubes (tomato)
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon black powdered pepper
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 100ml warm water
- salt (optional)
- Prepare and chop up the ingredients as listed.
- Place the chopped vegetables (carrots, egg plant, broccoli) and canned tomato and finely chopped garlic in a cooking pot, under low heat, and add 100ml of boiled water
- Stir for 1 minute then add ground spices, including tumeric powder, coriander, red chili powder, black pepper, (pilau) masala powder.
- Stir mixture of veggies and spices and allow to cook slowly for 12 minutes under low heat.
- Add finely chopped cabbage leaf and 2 maggi cubes for seasoning. Stir and allow to cook under medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Then add chopped jalapeno pepper(optional), lemon juice and olive oil. Stir mixture and allow to cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add seasoning salt as desired.
- Serve in a bowl, either hot or luke warm
Bon appetit! 🙂